IACAC NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 SCHOLARSHIPS THROUGH FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6th, 2020!
The International Air Cargo Association of Chicago (IACAC) is a non-profit organization which raises money throughout the year to award scholarships to worthy recipients for their continuing education.
We have now set the deadline for the application period for our 2020 scholarships. Applications are due by 11:59 PM CT on Friday, November 6, 2020. Winners will be notified in writing by Thursday, November 26, 2020.
The scholarship funds are amassed this year from donations and support from our members and local affiliates as we have been unable to host our usual events including our golf event. Please consider visiting our donation page and helping the future thought leaders of the logistics industry with scholarship funds.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a two or four year program with a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Graduate degrees or professional certificates are not covered by the scholarship.
- Applicants must be a family member of either an individual member or an employee of a corporate member whose membership is in good standing for 2019.
- Download and complete the 2020 IACAC Scholarship Application at the link above.
- Applications are now due no later than 11:59 PM on Sunday, November 6, 2020.
- Provide your most recent transcript of grades. If you are a 2020 high school graduate, please submit your most current report card and college acceptance letter.
- Write 500 words on each of the three topics below (total of all three essays = 1500 words):
- 1. Navigating the new normal will rely on leaders in rapidly changing circumstances. Tell us about a time when you were prepared but circumstances changed and you had to find a better solution.
- 2. The world is polarized where ideas and opinions are concerned. Tell us about a time you brought people together with opposing viewpoints and how you were able to do so.
- 3. It appears from the current state of the pandemic that we will need widespread distribution of a vaccine. Determine the priority of which countries and populations will be first in line to receive it; share your thoughts about who the first recipients should be - both where and why.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS:
Winners will be notified in writing no later than Thursday, November 26, 2020.