IACAC NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 SCHOLARSHIPS
The International Air Cargo Association of Chicago (IACAC) is a non-profit organization which raises money throughout the year to award scholarships to worth recipients for their continuing education.
We have now opened the application period for our 2018 scholarships. Applications are due no later than October 30, 2018. Winners will be notified in writing by November 19, 2018, and the scholarships will be awarded at our annual holiday luncheon on December 11, 2018.
The scholarship funds are amassed over the year from a number of events the Association holds, the most notable of which is our Annual Golf Outing, held this year on August 7th at the Bridges of Poplar Creek.
At this event, the net proceeds from our registration fees, sponsorships, games of chance and raffles for donated items are put into the scholarship fund.
This year, we anticipate being able to award multiple scholarships to worthy applicants.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a two or four year program with a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Graduate degrees or professional certificates are not covered by the scholarship.
- Applicants must be a family member of either an individual member or an employee of a corporate member whose membership is in good standing for 2018.
- Download and complete the 2018 IACAC Scholarship Application at the link above.
- Applications are due no later than October 31, 2018.
- Provide your most recent transcript of grades. If you are a 2018 high school graduate, please submit your most current report card and college acceptance letter.
- Write 500 words on each of the three topics below (total of all three essays = 1500 words):
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
- Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why?
- What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why?
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS:
Winners will be notified in writing no later than November 19, 2018. We ask that the winners please make every effort to receive their award in person at our December luncheon to be held on Tuesday, December 11, 2018.